Monday 15 August 2016

Introductions

So hi everyone :)

I've been meaning to set this blog up for a while now, but haven't had a literal minute to sit down and do it. Now, finally, I've got it up and running so I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Lauren, I'm (at the time of writing this) 26 years old and I live in rainy North England with my 3-year-old daughter Sophia and our two cats Hamilton and Angelica (any Hamilton the Musical fans in here? WHAT TIME IS IT? SHOWTIME!!)

I've always wanted to be a writer, I've always wrote bits here and there and dream of becoming a professional author for a living. I have had tons of ideas, and apart from a few false starts, I've never really written anything of much substance - academic work aside of course.

So finally, this year I've decided to do just that. It's time to put the pedal to the metal and finally crack on with this dream I have. A book isn't going to write itself right?

I'm due to start a three- year English and Creative Writing course at University next month - so things are about to get pretty busy around here, but I'm determined to make time for my writing (especially with it being a part of my course), and hopefully be sitting on a finished project sometime soon.

This was just a tiny little post to introduce myself and tell you a tiddy little bit about me, but I'm sure you will find out a lot more about me over the coming months, maybe even years? Who knows. I plan to use this blog to completely document my writing process on this first book from start to (hopefully) finish, and all the bits in between.

In my next post, I'll tell you a bit more about the book that I am currently working on and where I'm at with that, so keep tuned for that if you're interested.

Also, I'm very well aware that this blog is uber basic and plain right now, and I do plan on jazzing it all up a bit, but I really just don't have the time at the minute to sit down and tinker with all the little Blogger bits. I will though, at some point, I promise.

I AM on Bloglovin though, which in my opinion is the best way to follow blogs that you love. You can follow my blog there by clicking the link below:

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I think that's pretty much all for now. I hope you will enjoy this blog, and that following my writing journey will be interesting for you. If you are a writer, please comment and let me know. If you have a blog, leave it in the comments and I will pop over and say hello. Also, you can contact me at my email address - LKCarroll@hotmail.co.uk and follow me over on Twitter - @ABlndeLibrarian

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Lauren






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I will always reply to comments left here, I love hearing from you so don't go without leaving one :)